Website Heartland Glass Company
Established in 1980, Heartland Glass Company, a division of Brin Glass Company, has been a leader in the glass industry across the upper Midwest for over 40 years. Our markets include distribution and fabrication of glass and architectural aluminum products, glass service and contract glazing.
As a privately held ESOP company, Heartland offers incredible benefits and a unique employee-owned culture focused on living our core values every day: We Show Up. We Bring It. We Do It Right.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program – an incredible wealth building opportunity!
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Job Purpose: The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting the project managers through all stages of the project lifecycle. A strong Assistant Project Manager is detail oriented, with strong communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and enter all project data into Sage 100 software platform
- Coordinate and obtain required certificates of insurance and bonds.
- Complete contract filing.
- Complete material and quantity take offs.
- Measuring and layout of basic openings with Project Manager.
- Material purchasing with Project Manager.
- Procurement of submittals (ex: samples, product data, testing reports, warranty/close-outs)
- Logging of data (submittals, transmittals, orders, etc.) including physical paperwork as well as electronically.
- Review of RFP’s, ASI’s, change orders, etc.
- Small project estimates and small project management.
- Acquiring updated vendor quotes.
- Handling of field material requests and load tickets.
- Job-site measuring and attending jobsite meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2 or 4 year post-secondary degree in Construction Management or related coursework or 5 years relevant work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word, Bluebeam PDF writer or familiar with Timberline is preferred.
- Strong communication skills required, both written and verbal.
- Prior glass construction or general construction project management experience preferred.
About Brin: Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company, the parent company of Heartland Glass Co., has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. Our mission is to provide superior quality products and service while providing a safe and stable work environment for our employees, who will be encouraged to grow their knowledge and skills. We have created an environment that allows our team the freedom to succeed, fed by inspiration within the company, and to be recognized for their achievements. We invite you to consider investing your strengths here.
Heartland is made up of people who are united around our mission and personally invested in delivering top results. If you are looking to join a company with a strong reputation and values-driven culture, Heartland Glass Company is the place to be! Visit www.HeartlandGlass.com to learn more.
We see the big picture clearly. We solve problems creatively and efficiently. We are Heartland Glass.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.