Website St. Germain's Glass Co.
Established in 1891, St. Germain’s Glass is an employee-owned company with deep roots established in the Duluth area. St. Germain’s continues to be a leader in the glass, glazing and distribution industry for the upper Midwest. Our markets include wholesale distribution and fabrication of glass and architectural aluminum products, glass service and contract glazing.
The right person will have a history of activities that align with our company values:
- We show up
- We bring it
- We do it right
A glazier is an individual who goes on a customer’s site for repair and installation of glass.
- Installs pre-assembled framework for windows or doors designed to be fitted with glass panels, including stained glass windows, using hand tools.
- Attaches backing and leveling devices to wall surface, using nails and screws, and cuts mounting strips and moldings to required lengths.
- Sets glass doors into frame and bolts metal hinges, handles, locks, and other hardware onto glass doors.
- Assembles, fits, and attaches metal-framed glass enclosures for showers or bathtubs to framing around bath enclosure.
- Measures mirror and dimensions of area to be covered and determines plumb of walls or ceilings, using plumb-line and level.
- A glazier cuts, replaces, smooths and selects glass for commercial to industrial.
- The glazier mounts the glass using suction cups and secures the glass with putty, rubber gaskets or metal clips.
- Commercial building, windows are installed by inserting the glass carefully in position.
- Depending of the height of the building, this glass is installed either by hand or by crane
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Vocational school for academic training, assistants to experienced and skilled glaziers, apprenticeship, certified or journey-man workers.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org