Website Brin Glass Company
What makes Brin unique? Brin Glass Company has experts at every stage of the glass lifecycle, including design, fabrication, distribution, installation, and service. With 5 divisions across the state of Minnesota, Brin provides unique opportunities for collaboration and career development. As a privately held ESOP company, Brin offers incredible benefits and a unique employee-owned culture focused on living our core values every day: We Show Up. We Bring It. We Do It Right. Brin invites you to consider investing your strengths here.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- Weekly pay through a collective bargaining agreement
- Pension plan
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Job Purpose: This position will oversee the activities of those employees working in our shop for glass fabrication, metal fabrication, and maintenance activities. The right person will posses exceptional analytical skills and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly production schedule and assigning work for shop employees.
- Maintain, evaluate, and suggest methods of improving equipment, processes, efficiency, or operating conditions.
- Establish method of quality assurance with regular evaluations, and annual audit in compliance with NACC certification.
- Maintain shop to provide a clean and safe working environment.
- Communicate closely with project managers, technical services, glazing superintendent, and field employees.
- Perform activities to monitor and maintain inventory control of shop materials/equipment.
- Coordinate the shipping and receiving of materials, parts, or products.
- Coordinate deliveries of material to the field.
- Evaluate shipping and receiving processes for efficiency.
- Coordinate and schedule loading/unloading of trucks.
- Maintain shop tools and equipment.
- Assist metal/glass fabricators to meet work deadlines.
- Enforce company safety policy and ensure shop is up to date with current safety training and regulations.
- Research new products and tools associated with fabrication.
- Work additional hours necessary to meet deadlines as directed by manager.
- Document information and conversations relevant to projects.
- Follow paperwork flow and procedures.
- Hire and train other employees.
- Performance evaluations
- Perform additional duties as directed by manager
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- At least 5 years’ experience as a journeyman glassworker or glazier
- Must be computer literate and current on new technology. (i.e. Microsoft office)
- Ability to operate forklift.
- Must be a team worker.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Judgment and decision-making skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Leadership skills and experience.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Math skills
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong attention to ‘Quality’ and detail
About Brin: Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. We have 5 divisions operating out of four locations: Fridley, St. Cloud, Duluth, and Minneapolis. Our mission is to provide superior quality products and service while providing a safe and stable work environment for our employees, who will be encouraged to grow their knowledge and skills. We have created an environment that allows our team the freedom to succeed, fed by inspiration within the company, and to be recognized for their achievements.
Brin is made up of people who are united around our mission and personally invested in delivering top results. If you are looking to join a company with a strong reputation and values-driven culture, Brin Glass Company is the place to be! Visit www.BrinGlass.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.