Our experience shines through in the design phase
At Brin Glass Company we bring your designs to life. Although it is an architect’s job to design a building concept, they cannot be experts in every sub-specialty of construction. At Brin, our glazing expertise elevates your commercial construction planning to a new level.
One advantage of working with Brin is our in-depth grasp of construction best practices that specifically relate to architectural glass and metal. Our commercial design team can ensure your concept is workable in a real-world glazing scenario.We take variables such as material availability, wind load, and other structural or environmental factors into consideration,while also suggesting efficiencies that meet your design intent.
For example, how much concrete embedment is needed to support a 20-foot-high glass and aluminum storefront? Are there building code restrictions that could impact your plans for a sloped glass roof? What is the ideal thickness of tempered glass to specify for your interior accent wall? These are questions that a seasoned partner like Brin is best equipped to answer.
Commercial builders appreciate Brin as a partner who is:
- Consultative. Brin comes alongside customers on their commercial building journey. Our focus is not upselling or adding complexity to your project. We want to bring efficiencies to your process by sharing what we know works—and also what doesn’t work—when it comes to architectural glass and metal design.
- Knowledgeable. We are one of the longest continually operating glass companies in the Midwest. This means Brin has over a century of experience making wise recommendations and finding solutions that make the most sense for our customers. This level of industry knowledge allows us to transform even the most preliminary sketch into a functional, buildable plan for your glass or metal construction materials.
- Budget-conscious. Brin understands the financial implications of getting behind schedule on a construction project. The larger the project, the more risk of setbacks and a domino effect on timelines for other phases of work to be completed. We help minimize those risks for our customers with proactive planning throughout the entire design process.
- Ready to tackle details. Do you need an energy-efficient glass coating solution that reduces the heat build-up in your structure? Is your site a good candidate for bird-safe glass? What are the thermal performance requirements of your curtain wall design? Let Brin help with glazing insights that will free up your time to focus on other aspects of the building design.
- Focused on you. Your building has a distinct purpose, and we respect that. Brin’s participation in the design process is not about showcasing our products or packing more glass and metal into your enclosure envelope. Instead, we put the needs of our customers first. Brin wants to help you achieve your design goals with a finished product you can be proud of.