Northwestern Glass Fab
The Cutting Operator is responsible for the glass cutting and equipment located within the Cutting Block. Responsible for producing daily cutting schedules. This includes start-up of the line and daily production runs. This is a Journeyman Union position. We will be able to provide training if required. Third Shift, 10:00pm – 6:30am or until complete, Sunday through Thursday.
The right person will have a history of activities that align with our company values:
- We show up
- We bring it
- We do it right
- Works with the Cutting Block Lead to achieve daily block KPI goals.
- Ensure that all safety policies are followed correctly.
- Check glass quality and be able to identify basic glass defects.
- Sees that all equipment PM’s are done according to schedule.
- Should be able to accurately reject glass in process and identify any sources of rejects.
- Operate float cutting table, hand cut, and laminated cutting table.
- Read and fill out proper documentation (hard copies & electronically)
- Able to properly perform quality tests.
- Communicate with the block lead in regards to quality or breakage issues.
- Never allow the line to get backed up with glass or miss fabrication cycles.
- Must possess a high sense of urgency and want to succeed.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to use a windows PC
- Must have 2-3 years previous glass experience
We offer a competitive package including health/dental insurance, flex benefits and paid vacation/holidays. Weekly pay as part of a contract bargaining unit. Paid retirement benefits.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com