Website Brin Glass Company
What makes Brin unique? Brin Glass Company has experts at every stage of the glass lifecycle, including design, fabrication, distribution, installation, and service. With 5 divisions across the state of Minnesota, Brin provides unique opportunities for collaboration and career development. As a privately held ESOP company, Brin offers incredible benefits and a unique employee-owned culture focused on living our core values every day: We Show Up. We Bring It. We Do It Right. Brin invites you to consider investing your strengths here.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program – an incredible wealth building opportunity!
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Job Purpose: The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for assisting project managers through all stages of the project lifecycle. An Assistant Project Manager will provide support to the project manager, contributing to the successful delivery of projects within scope, budget, and schedule. The person in this position will play a large role in the purchasing of materials for the Project Management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and enter all project data into Sage 300 software platform
- Coordinate and obtain required certificates of insurance and bonds.
- Complete contract filing.
- Complete material and quantity take offs.
- Measuring and layout of basic openings with Project Managers.
- Material purchasing with Project Managers.
- Procurement of submittals (ex: samples, product data, testing reports, warranty/close-outs)
- Logging of data (submittals, transmittals, orders, etc.) including physical paperwork as well as electronically.
- Review of RFP’s, ASI’s, change orders, etc.
- Small project estimates and small project management.
- Acquiring updated vendor quotes.
- Handling of field material requests and load tickets.
- Job-site measuring and attending jobsite meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2 or 4 year post-secondary degree in Construction Management or related coursework or 5 years relevant work experience.
- Prior experience collaborating with vendors, creating purchase orders, and procuring materials is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word, Bluebeam PDF writer or familiar with Timberline is preferred.
- Strong communication skills required, both written and verbal.
- Prior glass construction or general construction project management experience preferred.
About Brin: Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. We have 5 divisions operating out of four locations: Fridley, St. Cloud, Duluth, and Minneapolis. Our mission is to provide superior quality products and service while providing a safe and stable work environment for our employees, who will be encouraged to grow their knowledge and skills. We have created an environment that allows our team the freedom to succeed, fed by inspiration within the company, and to be recognized for their achievements.
Brin is made up of people who are united around our mission and personally invested in delivering top results. If you are looking to join a company with a strong reputation and values-driven culture, Brin Glass Company is the place to be! Visit www.BrinGlass.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.