Website Heartland Glass Company
Established in 1980, Heartland Glass Company, a division of Brin Glass Company, has been a leader in the glass industry across the upper Midwest for over 40 years. Our markets include distribution and fabrication of glass and architectural aluminum products, glass service and contract glazing. As a privately held ESOP company, Heartland offers incredible benefits and a unique employee-owned culture focused on living our core values every day: We Show Up. We Bring It. We Do It Right.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- 401(k) with 3% company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program – an incredible wealth building opportunity!
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Job Purpose: The General Manager is a dual role that combines the functions of an executive with business operational duties at a specific division. This role may drive sales, perform estimating, project manage jobs, or other functional tasks in addition to the executive responsibilities. The GM will consistently promote company culture and ensure operational profitability.
GM responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing business procedures to drive growth and profitability
- Overseeing operations of the company and the work of key leadership
- Promoting culture, building training programs and developing/retaining people
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote and encourage a culture of teamwork employing best practices that benefits all team members and ultimately our clients.
- Within the Brin family of companies’ vision and growth expectations, lead strategic business planning and execution, emphasizing increasing revenues and profitability.
- Implement sales strategies in order to meet the division’s financial performance goals. Analyze past performance and set future goals.
- Negotiate and execute contracts, including the bidding and solicitation of new agreements, reviews of contracts and supporting team members with proper documentation.
- Prepare annual budget and capital expenditures to be reviewed and approved by the executive management team. Ensure maintenance of equipment, vehicles and other assets.
- Coach, mentor and monitor managers, team leaders and supervisors to be effective and expand their capabilities as leaders. Expand knowledge and opportunity for all employees.
- Participate in labor negotiations in collaboration with, or as directed by, the executive management team.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations, and work with the Human Resources/Safety Manager on safety improvement, accident investigation and risk mitigation.
- Oversee division in utilizing corporate support and following processes for HR/Safety, Recruiting, Safety, Accounting, Finance, IT, Marketing and other services
- Presents reports and projections to the Finance/Accounting Team, COO, CEO, Board of Directors and other key stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Construction, Project Management, Engineering or related degree.
- Five to seven years of directly related duties as a senior manager in construction, with at least five years’ experience in sales estimating, project management, or related competency. Project experience related to building envelope systems is highly preferred.
- High emotional intelligence and effective interpersonal skills required to deal with diverse personalities at all levels of management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications (business expertise of Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and ERP systems (A&W production software a plus, or other ERP System)
- Knowledge of the glass/glazing industry from an installation, service or distribution perspective is strongly preferred.
About Brin: Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company, the parent company of Northwestern Glass Fab, has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. We have 5 divisions operating out of four locations: Fridley, St. Cloud, Duluth, and Minneapolis. Our mission is to provide superior quality products and service while providing a safe and stable work environment for our employees, who will be encouraged to grow their knowledge and skills. We have created an environment that allows our team the freedom to succeed, fed by inspiration within the company, and to be recognized for their achievements.
Brin is made up of people who are united around our mission and personally invested in delivering top results. If you are looking to join a company with a strong reputation and values-driven culture, Brin Glass Company is the place to be! Visit www.BrinGlass.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.