Entry-level Glazier (ID worker)
Website Brin Glass Company
Brin Glass Company is searching for a Glazier to join our team!
What makes Brin unique? Brin Glass Company has experts at every stage of the glass lifecycle, including design, fabrication, distribution, installation, and service. With 5 divisions across the state of Minnesota, Brin provides unique opportunities for collaboration and career development. As a privately held ESOP company, Brin offers incredible benefits and a unique employee-owned culture focused on living our core values every day: We Show Up. We Bring It. We Do It Right. Brin invites you to consider investing your strengths here.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- Weekly pay through a collective bargaining agreement
- Pension plan
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Job Purpose: A glazier is an individual responsible for going to a customer’s site for repair and installation of glass, metal storefront, curtain wall, or other glass and aluminum products. This is a career path position, with opportunities to move up as you gain experience and expertise!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs pre-assembled framework for windows or doors designed to be fitted with glass panels, including stained glass windows, using hand tools.
- Attaches backing and leveling devices to wall surface, using nails and screws, and cuts mounting strips and moldings to required lengths.
- Sets glass doors into frame and bolts metal hinges, handles, locks, and other hardware onto glass doors.
- Assembles, fits, and attaches metal-framed glass enclosures for showers or bathtubs to framing around bath enclosure.
- Measures mirror and dimensions of area to be covered and determines plumb of walls or ceilings, using plumb-line and level.
- A glazier cuts, replaces, smooths and selects glass for commercial to industrial.
- The glazier mounts the glass using suction cups and secures the glass with putty, rubber gaskets or metal clips.
- Commercial building, windows are installed by inserting the glass carefully in position.
- Depending on the height of the building, this glass is installed either by hand or by crane
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Vocational school for academic training, assistants to experienced and skilled glaziers, apprenticeship, certified or journey-man workers.
- Able to read and use a tape measure.
About Brin: Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. We have 5 divisions operating out of four locations: Fridley, St. Cloud, Duluth, and Minneapolis. Our mission is to provide superior quality products and service while providing a safe and stable work environment for our employees, who will be encouraged to grow their knowledge and skills. We have created an environment that allows our team the freedom to succeed, fed by inspiration within the company, and to be recognized for their achievements.
Brin is made up of people who are united around our mission and personally invested in delivering top results. If you are looking to join a company with a strong reputation and values-driven culture, Brin Glass Company is the place to be! Visit www.BrinGlass.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.