Website Northwestern Glass Fab
What makes Northwestern Glass Fab unique? Founded in 1912, Northwestern Glass Fab, a division of Brin Glass Company, has been providing fabricated glass and aluminum to its customers for over 100 years. Our commitment to quality and the ability to deliver precision custom fabricated glass products on a timely basis has us shipping product to customers located all over North America.
As a privately held ESOP company, Northwestern Glass Fab offers incredible benefits and a unique employee-owned culture focused on living our core values every day: We Show Up. We Bring It. We Do It Right. We invite you to consider investing your strengths here.
What We Offer
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- Weekly pay through a collective bargaining agreement
- Pension plan
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Job Purpose: The 2nd Shift Furnace Operator is responsible for performing preparation work for glass finishing and operation of the tempering furnace. Production workers are required to perform quality fabrication and manufacturing glass.
- Second Shift: 1:30pm-10pm (or until complete)
- Monday to Friday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular use of machinery including but not limited to- two belt glass seamer, edging machines, glass washer, etc.
- Regular use of tempering furnace
- Repetitive lifting an average of 50-75lbs.
- Maintaining tools and equipment.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Reporting unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Wearing provided personal protective equipment.
- General warehousing: operating overhead cranes, putting away stock, opening crates, sweeping floors, and moving pallets of material with electric and manual pallet jacks.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift 75lbs independently
About Brin: Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company, the parent company of Northwestern Glass Fab, has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. We have 5 divisions operating out of four locations: Fridley, St. Cloud, Duluth, and Minneapolis. Our mission is to provide superior quality products and service while providing a safe and stable work environment for our employees, who will be encouraged to grow their knowledge and skills. We have created an environment that allows our team the freedom to succeed, fed by inspiration within the company, and to be recognized for their achievements.
Brin is made up of people who are united around our mission and personally invested in delivering top results. If you are looking to join a company with a strong reputation and values-driven culture, Brin Glass Company is the place to be! Visit www.BrinGlass.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.