Counter Sales/Order Processing Clerk
Website St. Germain's Glass Company
St. Germain’s Glass Company is searching for a person that will handle counter sales and order processing! We are searching for a friendly, dynamic individual that takes pride in providing an excellent customer experience. St. Germain’s offers a set schedule (no nights or weekends!), career development opportunities, and an incredible benefits package.
The successful individual in this role must have:
- Face-to-face customer service and/or retail sales experience
- Experience processing orders in an ERP system
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer and data entry skills, including Microsoft Office
Does this sound like you? If so, we want to chat with you! Apply today!
Established in 1891, St. Germain’s Glass is a leader in the glass, glazing, and distribution industry for the upper Midwest, with deep roots established in Duluth. Our markets include wholesale distribution and fabrication of glass and architectural aluminum products, glass service and contract glazing.
As a privately held ESOP company, St. Germain’s offers incredible benefits and a unique employee-owned culture focused on living our core values every day: We Show Up. We Bring It. We Do It Right. We invite you to consider investing your strengths here.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program – an incredible wealth building opportunity!
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Job Purpose: Greet walk-in customers at the sales counter, assess their needs, and provide applicable solutions. Receive incoming calls from customers to provide quotes, place orders, and answer customer questions. Enter quotes and orders into our ERP system providing acknowledgements and delivery dates. Hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm, with potential for overtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet walk-in customers at the sales counter. Assess their needs, provide applicable solutions, quote various products, and process customer orders.
- Enter orders and quotes into ERP system.
- Answer customer questions in person, on the phone, and via email.
- Ensure all information including costs, sale price, delivery dates and products are entered correctly on order transactions.
- Troubleshoot problems for our customers.
- Answer incoming calls and email requests from customers.
- Process customer complaints.
- Process invoices and prepare credits.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Assist with challenging customer requests or issue escalations as needed.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- High School diploma with at least 1 year of experience in customer service and order entry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in a face-to-face retail sales and/or customer service environment.
- Technical/math skills (Mathematics/Geometry)
- Strong computer skills required. Competent in use of Word, Excel, and Outlook.+
- Team collaboration skills.
- Ability to consistently process transactions accurately.
- Ability/desire to work in a fast-paced industry.
- Attention to detail, with good organizational skills.
- Experience in delivering customer-focused solutions based on customer needs.
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Experience in order entry process via a formal ERP system.
About Brin: Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company, the parent company of St. Germain’s Glass Co., has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. We have 5 divisions operating out of four locations: Fridley, St. Cloud, Duluth, and Minneapolis. Our mission is to provide superior quality products and service while providing a safe and stable work environment for our employees, who will be encouraged to grow their knowledge and skills. We have created an environment that allows our team the freedom to succeed, fed by inspiration within the company, and to be recognized for their achievements.
St. Germain’s is made up of people who are united around our mission and personally invested in delivering top results. If you are looking to join a company with a strong reputation and values-driven culture, St. Germain’s Glass Company is the place to be! Visit www.StGermainsGlass.com to learn more.
We Show Up, We Bring It, and We Do it Right. Follow St Germain’s Glass on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/72022189
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.