Website Heartland Glass Company
We are searching for a Project Manager to join our team!
Established in 1980, Heartland Glass Company, a division of Brin Glass Company, has been a leader in the glass industry across the upper Midwest for over 40 years. Our markets include distribution and fabrication of glass and architectural aluminum products, glass service and contract glazing. As a privately held ESOP company, Heartland offers incredible benefits and a unique employee-owned culture focused on living our core values every day: We Show Up. We Bring It. We Do It Right.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program – an incredible wealth building opportunity!
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Job Purpose: The Project Manager is responsible for performing project coordination functions on projects requiring all types of glass, aluminum, and hardware products. The Project Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation and administration of the Project Budget. The Project Manager will assist, communicate, and coordinate with the sales personnel, contractors, architects, other subcontractors, purchasing, and field personnel to assure a timely completion of project schedule. The Project Manager will oversee the following three stages of every project:
- Review original estimate with salesperson to assure that any questions or problems are solved in a prompt manner.
- Review project specification
- Prepare a schedule based on contractor information as a guide to timely completion of work.
- Shop drawings review
In Process Job Coordination:
- Update project schedule with coordinator. Order all material to meet schedule requirements of project.
- Notify shop of fabrication.
- Notify field superintendent or scheduled field installation.
- Supply updated shop drawings.
- Coordinator will attend job progress meetings to update all personnel with current:
- Monitor hours and material cost on job and if there are any large variances.
- Approve payment of invoices for material purchased for the job.
- Coordinate field disputed or clarifications with contractor.
- Review punch list with field superintendent and write tickets to take corrective measures.
- If back charges are required from our vendor, contact vendor salesperson so back charge can be processed timely.
- Review with salesperson final billing to include all change orders.
- Make certain all forms which are required by contract are completed.
- Review final cost of contract and explain variances.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree with a major in Construction Management or similar degree or (2) year associates degree with previous job experience in the glass and glazing industry.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License
- Basic mechanical/construction aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Must be detail oriented and work on several projects simultaneously
- High degree of math skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PDF editors, Microsoft Project and other industry related software
About Brin: Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company, the parent company of Heartland Glass Co., has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. Our mission is to provide superior quality products and service while providing a safe and stable work environment for our employees, who will be encouraged to grow their knowledge and skills. We have created an environment that allows our team the freedom to succeed, fed by inspiration within the company, and to be recognized for their achievements. We invite you to consider investing your strengths here.
Heartland is made up of people who are united around our mission and personally invested in delivering top results. If you are looking to join a company with a strong reputation and values-driven culture, Heartland Glass Company is the place to be! Visit www.HeartlandGlass.com to learn more.
We see the big picture clearly. We solve problems creatively and efficiently. We are Heartland Glass.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.