Website Brin Contract Glazing
Brin Glass Company is searching for a Sales Estimator to join our Contract Glazing team!
What makes Brin unique? Brin Glass Company has experts at every stage of the glass lifecycle, including design, fabrication, distribution, installation, and service. With 5 divisions across the state of Minnesota, Brin provides unique opportunities for collaboration and career development. As a privately held ESOP company, Brin offers incredible benefits and a unique employee-owned culture focused on living our core values every day: We Show Up. We Bring It. We Do It Right. Brin invites you to consider investing your strengths here.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program – an incredible wealth building opportunity!
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Job Purpose: This position will work closely with external clients such as Construction Managers, General Contractors, and Architectural Design Teams to establish project costing for contract sales. This individual will build diverse experience in the areas of document review and scope selection, relationship building and client development, building envelope integration and construction sequencing, vendor management, contract procurement and negotiation, document control and other essential functions of the sales process. This candidate will be enabled to grow and play a vital role in the company’s success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop strong relationships, ensure close collaboration and communication with owners, decision makers, construction managers, architects, engineers, and other external customers critical to a project’s success.
- Create and maintain positive relationships with subcontractors and vendors; treat them fairly and professionally in all interactions while setting an example for others to do the same.
- Discover opportunities through relationship building and networking with clients.
- Accurately define work scopes and create material budgets, labor budgets, define lead times, costing allowances and contingencies.
- Develop scope of work proposal offers for all phases of project implementation (schematic design through guaranteed maximum price deliveries).
- Provide best-in-class client experience: Present meaningful contributions to the design-assistance process, innovative value engineering solutions, comprehensive pre-construction project assistance, concise and articulate collaborative interactions.
- Adhere to and promote risk management and safety policies and procedures in order to create partnerships with the Project Managers and Superintendents while ensuring compliance.
- Manage the project transition to the Operations Department effectively.
- Maintain ongoing support to the Operations Department for contract sales.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Two-year degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Fluent in English, both oral and written required
- Experience forecasting demand needs
- Effective communicator and negotiator in terms of both verbal and written skills
- Must be proficient with MS office/excel, Access, Outlook, scheduling software (example: Project or Smart Sheet and PDF markup)
- Ability to read and correctly interpret construction plans/drawings and specifications
- Excellent organizational skills are an absolute must
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever changing working environment
- Aptitude for working independently on assigned projects
- Technically competent and able to effectively communicate with customers and co-workers
- AutoCAD or Revit experience preferred, but not required
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Strong attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize among competing tasks
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent active listening skills
- Glass or construction Sales experience preferred
About Brin: Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. We have 5 divisions operating out of four locations: Fridley, St. Cloud, Duluth, and Minneapolis. Our mission is to provide superior quality products and service while providing a safe and stable work environment for our employees, who will be encouraged to grow their knowledge and skills. We have created an environment that allows our team the freedom to succeed, fed by inspiration within the company, and to be recognized for their achievements.
Brin is made up of people who are united around our mission and personally invested in delivering top results. If you are looking to join a company with a strong reputation and values-driven culture, Brin Glass Company is the place to be! Visit www.BrinGlass.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.