Senior Project Manager
Website Brin Glass Company
We are searching for a collaborative, detail oriented Senior Project Manager who will play a pivotal role in bringing our projects to life! The right person will possess exceptional communication skills, be capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, and have an established track record of managing complex glass and glazing projects through to completion.
What makes Brin unique? Brin Glass Company has experts at every stage of the glass lifecycle, including design, fabrication, distribution, installation, and service. With 5 divisions across the state of Minnesota, Brin provides unique opportunities for collaboration and career development. As a privately held ESOP company, Brin offers incredible benefits and a unique employee-owned culture focused on living our core values every day: We Show Up. We Bring It. We Do It Right. Brin invites you to consider investing your strengths here.
What We Offer:
- Health, Dental, Life and Vision Insurance
- Flex Benefits – including Medical Expense and Dependent Care
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Stock Ownership Program – an incredible wealth building opportunity!
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
- Career development and advancement opportunities
Job Purpose: The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for the successful implementation and administration of the Project Budget. The Senior Project Manager will assist, communicate, and coordinate with the sales personnel, contractors, architects, other sub-contractors, purchasing, warehouse, and field personnel to assure a timely completion of project schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Job Planning
- Review original estimate with salesperson to assure that any questions or problems are solved in a prompt manner.
- Review project specification
- Prepare a schedule based on contractor information as a guide to timely completion of work.
- Shop drawings review
- In Process Job Coordination
- Update project schedule with coordinator.
- Order all material to meet schedule requirements of project.
- Notify shop of fabrication.
- Notify field superintendent or scheduled field installation.
- Supply updated shop drawings.
- Coordinator will attend job progress meetings to update all personnel with current:
- Monitor hours and material cost on job and if there are any large variances.
- Approve payment of invoices for material purchased for the job.
- Coordinate field disputed or clarifications with contractor.
- Job Completion
- Review punch list with field superintendent and write tickets to take corrective measures.
- If back charges are required from our vendor, contact vendor salesperson so back charge can be processed timely.
- Review with salesperson final billing to include all change orders.
- Make certain all forms which are required by contract are completed.
- Review final cost of contract and explain variances.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree with a major in Construction Management or similar degree or (2) year associate degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing glass and glazing projects
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License
- Basic mechanical/construction aptitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Must be detail oriented and able to work on several projects simultaneously
- High degree of math skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PDF Editors, Microsoft Project and other industry related software
About Brin: Established in 1912, Brin Glass Company has been a leader in the glazing industry for the upper Midwest for over 100 years. We have 5 divisions operating out of four locations: Fridley, St. Cloud, Duluth, and Minneapolis. Our mission is to provide superior quality products and service while providing a safe and stable work environment for our employees, who will be encouraged to grow their knowledge and skills. We have created an environment that allows our team the freedom to succeed, fed by inspiration within the company, and to be recognized for their achievements.
Brin is made up of people who are united around our mission and personally invested in delivering top results. If you are looking to join a company with a strong reputation and values-driven culture, Brin Glass Company is the place to be! Visit www.BrinGlass.com to learn more.
To apply for this job please visit secure4.saashr.com.